Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Our Lady of the Gate of Dawn, Mother of God’s Mercy, pray for us

Our Lady of the Gate of Dawn 
is a prominent painting of the Blessed Virgin Mary
venerated by the faithful in the Chapel
of the Gate of Dawn in Vilnius, Lithuania.

Today is a special day in Lithuania. It is the feast of the Vilnius Madonna, the Mother of God’s Mercy. The Sanctuary of the Gates of Dawn has long been well-known outside Lithuania and in recent years, it has represented Vilnius and Lithuania in the European Marian Network. The Feast of the Holy Virgin Mary of the Gates of Dawn, the Mother of God’s Mercy is usually celebrated on November 16. Vilnius residents have traditionally attended the liturgies associated with this occasion during the period of eight days: from the Sunday preceding November 16 through the following Sunday. This year, the festivities of the Mother of God’s Mercy will take place from November 14 through November 21.




PRAYER TO OUR LADY OF THE GATES OF DAWN
O my Mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary, I offer myself entirely to Thy grace and to Thy overwhelming mercy today and forever, but mostly at the hour of my death do I dedicate myself to thee. To thee do I dedicate my body and soul, all my happiness and hope, all my sorrows and sufferings! I offer my life and the end of my life to Thy holy hands so that through Thy merits all my deeds and acts go according to Thy holy will and according to the will of Thy sweetest Son! Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...