Thursday, February 17, 2011

Some Louth Candidates respond on the issue of embryos and abortion

On the 12th Feb I used the prolifecampaign website to send an email to the candidates in my constituency. Below I have posted a copy of the e-mail send by the prolife campaign, and the responses that I have received to date. If you have not done so, I would encourage you to send a virtual postcard from the Prolife Campaign website. The candidates need you to tell them how important this issue is. I have added a few words in red (surnames and party affiliation).

_________________________________________________________________________
From: Caroline McCamley [mailto:carolinemccamley@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 February 2011 21:30

To: sinnfein@irlnet.com; declan.breathnach@louthcoco.ie; mary.moran@votelabour.ie; thomas@thomasclare.com; skirk@mail.com; Fergus.odowd@finegael.ie; james.carroll@oireachtas.ie; frank@frankgodfrey.ie; mark.dearey@oireachtas.ie; Thomas@thomasclare.com

Subject: Protection of Human Life

Dear Candidate,

New polls show a substantial majority oppose abortion and support legal protection of the human embryo [1].Ireland, without abortion, is the safest place in the world for pregnant women
[2].I believe democracy is built on respect for every human being, particularly the most vulnerable.

In the General Election, I intend only voting for candidates and parties who commit to opposing abortion legislation and supporting legal protection of the human embryo.

Yours sincerely,
Caroline McCamley.

Here are my details.
Name: Caroline McCamley

Email: carolinemccamley@gmail.com
Address: *****************Drogheda Co. Louth

[1] Millward Brown/Lansdowne, Market Research (2010)
[2] Report on Maternal Mortality by World Health Organisation,UNICEF, UNFPA, and the World Bank (2007,2010)
_________________________________________________________________________
Hi Caroline
Thank you for your email of today.
Out of courtesy and common sense I am copying my
Reply to several other people who have emailed in similar vein.

First off, I would respectfully ask you to retain your vote for some
other candidate who may think fit to negotiate an electoral preference
at the cost of this very basic and moral issue.

I feel that I have high ethical standards and I certainly have strong
Religious belief and while the polls indicate my electoral strenght
have no intention of winning any seat at the expenses of my conscience in any way.

Some of your support group know me very well and perhaps you could obtain
Character reference from them if you so wish.

On a separate note entirely I sincerely wish you well .
Thomas Clare, Independent
_______________________________________________________________________
Dear Caroline,
As you may be aware Fine Gael is a pro life party. I am also of the view
that unborn babies should be protected by the state.

Kind Regards
Fergus O'Dowd, Fine Geal
________________________________________________________________________
Caroline
I personally would be pro-life.
Regards
Frank Godfrey Independent
_________________________________________________________________________
Dear Caroline
I wish to acknowledge receipt of email of 12th February, regarding
protection to the human embryos.

The Ceann Comhairle was grateful to receive your correspondence and notes
its contents. In view of the impartiality of his Constitutional office and
given his role as sole judge of order in the House, the Ceann Comhairle is
precluded from becoming involved in issues that are political in nature.
However, the Ceann Comhairle will bring your correspondence to the
attention of the Minister for Health, Mary Coughlan for her direct
response.

Kind regards,
_________________
Brendan Conroy
Private Secretary
To the Ceann Comhairle
Seamus Kirk, Fianna Fail

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...