Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Prayer for Fr John Corapi



Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle;
be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray:
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

I turned on my computer this evening and was saddened to read the news about Fr John Corapi. I was further dismayed by the reactions that I read on the blogs of some very respected Catholic bloggers. They seemed to lack charity. I ask all my readers to pray for Fr Corapi at this difficult time.

Fr Z has blogged about the news. His entry is worth reading. Here is a quote,

"I will keep Fr. Corapi on my prayer list, and will remember him in a special way, hoping that through the help of the Holy Spirit, who bends the rigid and heals the broken and consoles those who are in pain, he will have some peace whether he is able to return to active ministry or not, whether he wants to or not. He is a priest forever and he is my brother in that indelible mark received from Christ the High priest. And because he is a priest forever, the devil will not relent in attacking him until he dies. Nor will the devil relent in attacking anyone who has authority over him. "(Click to read in full)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...