Monday, August 27, 2012

St Monica, pray for us



Today is the feast of dear St Monica. I was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to venerate a relic of St Monica last week. St Monica had a hard life, her drunken husband and her wayward son, as they would say today "had her head wrecked", and her heart broken. But dear St Monica never, never gave up on them. She prayed, and prayed and prayed for them. She prayed for years, and years, and years and her prayers were answered.  (As for me, I can hardly manage a novena!!). St Monica reminds me, that as a mother, a wife, a christian, I should never give up on the power of prayer. I most pray always for my children, and those I love. 


www.prayforchildren.org



Prayer to St Monica

Dearest Saint Monica, patron of Christian parents, we entrust to your protection, the children whose names you can read in our hearts. Pray for them, that they may be granted strength to combat weakness, victory over temptation, guidance to resolve their doubts, and success in all their undertakings.

May they enjoy good health of mind and body, see beauty and worth in all created things, and serve the Lord with firm faith, joyful hope and enduring love. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...