Monday, October 1, 2012

St Therese and the Rosary

St Therese of the Child Jesus and of the Holy Face

At Mass this morning the priest reminded us, that today was the first day of the month of the Holy Rosary. He encouraged the congregation to pray it daily, especially during this month of October. As usual, the rosary was said after Mass, and I think a few more than usual stayed due to fathers encouragement. Mind you I may have been there to say the rosary, but most of the time I was else where!! Oh dear :-(. So I was delighted when I googled  "St Therese and the rosary", to discover that praying the rosary was not always plain sailing for our Little Flower. Now that does not excuse my pathetic attempt this morning, but it does offer me a little consolation and encouragement, to try harder tomorrow. Here are a few words from St Therese herself.

The Rosary
"Reciting the Rosary costs me more than using an instrument of penance," she wrote "I feel I say it so bad; in vain do I strive to meditate on the mysteries of the Rosary; I am unable to fix my attention For a long time I was sad because of this lack of devotion which surprised me, for I love the Blessed Virgin so much that it should be easy for me to say in her honor prayers which please her so much. Now, it saddens me less; I think that the Queen of Heaven being my Mother, she must see my good will and be content with it." 

The Eucharist

“Do you realise that Jesus is there in the tabernacle expressly for you-for you alone? He burns with the desire to come into your heart… don’t listen to the demon, laugh at him, and go without fear to receive the Jesus of
peace and love…” 

Love

"Be not afraid to tell Jesus that you love Him; even though it be without feeling, this is the way to oblige Him to help you, and carry you like a little child too feeble to walk."


St Therese, pray for us

1 comment:

St. Therese School of Faith and Mission said...

The words of St. Thérèse always seem to offer some sort of encouragement or consolation in times of discouragement and frustration.

Thank you for sharing this! It was a good reminder for me today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...