Monday, February 11, 2013

Pope Benedict

I was in the barbers with my son, when I received a text message on my phone, asking me about Pope Benedict's resignation. I initially dismissed the idea, but since I had my phone in hand, I clicked on my Twitter app. At that stage Twitter was awash with rumors, and as I sat there checking the tweets, official word came through confirming that our beloved Pope Benedict was indeed resigning. Sigh!!!

While I totally respect his judgement, knowing that he is a man of God, and knowing that he would only want what is best for Christ's Bride the Church; I am still heartbroken.

I wanted Pope Benedict to be Pope forever (OK I know that is not possible, but it is wanted I wanted!). 

Off I go now to have a wee cry. 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...